Digital Cinema Services and Technologies Manager
The Digital Cinema Services and Technologies Manager oversees a full team of skilled Service Department Technicians that maintain, update, repair and preform quality servicing on all digital and film camera systems, reference monitors, production monitors, color correction systems, video processing and distribution peripherals, fiber systems and electronic accessories in the Otto Nemenz rental inventory. The Digital Cinema Services and Technologies Manager has three core responsibilities: effective communication between ONI departments and employees, proactive customer service support, and continuous employee/client education. In addition to the administrative responsibilities, the Manager is tasked with incorporating new technologies and developing best practices for those things related to the digital cinema and motion picture production pipeline.
• Keep a team of service technicians organized, informed and motivated to deliver the highest quality, detail oriented service in the safest and most professional manner possible.
• Operational proficiency of Sony, Canon, RED & ARRI camera systems.
• Operational proficiency of Sony, RED, Codex & ARRI recording & media management systems.
• Operational proficiency of professional cinema prime & zoom lenses.
• Technical understanding of film and digital sensor sizes & resolutions.
• Technical understanding of digital cinema color systems. (XYZ, REC. 709. P3, REC. 2020, etc.)
• Technical understanding of digital image compression schemes. (AVX, J2K, ProRes, SsTP, DNxHD, HEVC, MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, H.265, etc.)
• Ability to read files written in XML.
• Knowledge of battery & power concepts. (Ohms Law)
• Operational proficiency with video distribution and processing hardware.
• Operational proficiency in basic IP networking.
• Operational proficiency in Avid, FinalCut, Resolve, RedCine-X, TrueLight & Scratch Lab.
• Operational proficiency with light meters, spectrometers, photoradiometers, collimators & waveform/vectorscopes monitors.
• Operational proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Possess a valid CA driver’s license.
• Ability to lift 35lbs from the floor to chest height.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
Qualified applicants please submit resumes to